Management training – ITD
Management training is required by anyone new to the manager role, or who is expecting to take on a management role. Management principles apply to direct line managers and dotted line or project managers.
With project managers the emphasis is on motivation and timely completion of tasks to the correct standard.
With people managers the emphasis is on managing diverse people in a group working with internal or external clients.
Management training in 2015
Management training from ITD is practical and focuses on your requirements and the improvements you need to see in your organisation. It needs to be practical and a balance of researched theories, experience and practical application. Ideally clients want their people to be able to apply new ideas straight away in their role and with their people. The unique ITD action planning tool will give your people the best opportunity to do just that.
Management training from ITD
Management training with ITD is tailored to the needs of your organisation and of your managers. We develop and deliver practical training which helps improve performance.
Typical challenges of participants on our management training
- “How do I motivate my team?”
- “I’m new to management and I want to know what are the basics.”
- “I’ve got a really diverse team and want to learn how to manage them.”
- “How do I develop people?”
- “I want to make sure the team performs to a consistently high standard.”
- “I’ve got a great team except for one person who is really dragging their feet.”
How does management training from ITD help your people
- Gives ideas on the foundations to successful management.
- Helps with difficult situations.
- Provides insight into your natural management style.
How do we design your management training to suit your needs?
- Whilst we have our models and ideas, we will discuss your needs and objectives to ensure the training fulfils your expectations.
- We will then create a draft proposal and training agenda for your approval.
- Once agreed we develop the training content and review this with you.
To receive management blog posts into your inbox sign up here
[contact-form-7 id=”4119″ title=”Leadership or management blog sign up”]
Recent management blog posts
To get a quick quote and proposal on your training need, just complete the following
[contact-form-7 id=”4385″ title=”training Quote”]
Call us now on +44 (0)800 804 8086 to discuss your management training needs
Management training overview
The following gives an overview to our approach with management training.
Who would benefit from this training?
All those with a management role who are either new to the role of a manager, or who want to reflect on their approach and explore areas for development in ur management training.
How long will it last?
Management training from ITD is designed to suit your needs and can be one day to a three event, or in separate sessions.
Where can the training take place?
We have delivered management training in many countries.
- Introduction & objectives.
- Challenges in the managers role.
- Definitions of management.
- Establishing your role and defining it with your team.
- Setting and managing expectations.
- 121s with your team – why they are vital and how to run a successful 121.
- Team meetings – their purpose and how to run successful team meetings.
- Management and leadership, the differences and impact.
- Performance management.
- Developing people.
- Management styles.
- Motivating people.
- Disciplining a team member
- Role plays.
- Scenarios and practice.
- Personal action plans.
Pre workshop activity?
- Pre workshop questionnaire.
- Articles to read.
Post workshop follow up
- Personal action email.
- 121 coaching.
- ITD management blog post ideas.
- Suggested reading.
Management training typical outcomes
Participants will gain the following:
- Framework for how to approach the role of manager.
- Reflections on their management style.
- Ideas on how to resolve challenging or difficult situations.
- Ideas on how to motivate their people.
- How to coach people to improve performance, capability and confidence.
- Specific actions for their work.
What do clients say?
“Excellent training programme”
“Delighted that the session was tailored to our business.”
Typical participant feedback
“I wish I had done this training years ago.”
“This has given me a clear map of how to approach the role.”
“The best training I have done.”
To receive the ITD Management tip sheet sign up here
[contact-form-7 id=”4126″ title=”Leadership or management tip sheet”]
To explore how our management training could help your organisation call +44 (0)800 804 8086
Management training case study
Cambridge Cognition is the leading global provider of cognitive assessment software for use in clinical trials, academic research and healthcare provision – advancing research, diagnosis and treatment in mental health worldwide.
The business has experienced the typical growing challenges of any organisation experiencing growth in a technological field. A new role of team leader was created to oversee teams of people in all the different departments.
The need was to help these team leaders with a comprehensive overview of managing people.
We met with the team leaders and senior management to gain a good understanding of both the training needs but also the business culture. The latter is important for us to put the training into context of the participants’ reality.
We then designed a programme of one day training interventions spread over 6 months:
- Challenges of managing people.
- Definition of managing & team leader roles.
- Team meetings; purpose, structure, practice.
- 121s; purpose, structure, practice.
- Review of personal actions; what worked, what didn’t, what needs further work.
- Handling difficult situations; bad news, redeployment, conflict.
- Managing disruptive people who are otherwise good performers.
- Personal action plans
- Review of personal actions.
- Managing performance.
- Creating the right culture in your team.
- Managing upwards.
- Building relationships with other teams.
- Celebrating success.
- Action plans.
The main outcomes of the people management training were:
- Participants gained clear ideas on the fundamentals of people management, including the key processes
- These new team leaders had an opportunity to discuss their challenges and get ideas from the ITD training consultant on what to do.
- Confidence was built by having the programme spread over several months.
What the client said
“Very pleased with the approach and the delivery which really focused on our people and their needs.”
What the participants said
- “It was good to keep the training focused on our situations”
- “We enjoyed discussing our challenges and practising possible solutions”
- “I liked the idea that the sessions were spread over months, so we had time to learn and then get together to discuss what happened.”
Tell us about your management training challenge by calling +44 (0)800 804 8086
Why choose ITD for your management training?
1. We have been designing and delivering management training for over 13 years.
2. We make sure the training is tailored to suit the needs of your organisation and of the participants.
3. Our approach is a blend of training and coaching where the participants work on their challenges and situations in the session.
4. We have a flexible approach to your budgets and prefer not to let fees get in the way of delivering what you want.
5. Your managers will get ideas which will help them to improve their performance and that of the team.
6. Our unique action planning tool means that we work with your people to ensure their actions are implemented.