Working successfully as a team is vital for many departments and organisations.
ITD have been involved in team working activities for many years with teams in a wide variety of organisations in many countries. The first step is always to talk to the Directors or senior guys and find out what they would like to see happening, that is not happening.
Team working isn’t always the answer but when it is the next thing we do is to define the changes required and asses the realistic chances of success and to manage expectations on how long this will take.
We have a wide choice of possibilities on the mechanic of how we develop team working in a session. This might be inspired by the venue, or the choice of theme, or the challenges. The degree of creativity and fun vary according to the needs.
We design a solution totally focussed on the objectives for the organisations.
Pre workshop activity
- Meeting to discuss the needs of the organisation
- Draft workshop outline tailored to your needs
- Agreement of agenda
- Pre workshop docs sent to participants
- Totally dependent on the client requirements
- Introduction & objectives for the organisation & the individual
- Themes for the session
- Warm up
- Acticity involving everyone
- Questions put to team for discussion & debate
- Fun activities related to the objective but definitly good fun
- Feeding back to the teams
- Competitive activities to illustrate team working challenges and successful approaches
- Examples given by training consultnat to illustrate ideas
- Themed presentations by teams
Post workshop activity
- Participants leave with team and individual actions
- Email follow up of personal action plans
- Suggested conversation with their line manager on their actions
- Optional WebEx conference call follow up on these actions
- Optional 121 coaching
- ITD blog with further tips and suggestions
- “Brilliant day, great fun, very useful.”
- “Good fun and the day made some great points that we need to work on.”
- “It was great because I have not worked so closely with some of these departments before”
Call or email ITD to explore how we can help team working in your organisation.
Team Working – Case Study
This organisation, based in Cambridge, helps people with cognitive functions through a variety of tools.
The organisation achieved a great deal but wanted to improve the culture to encourage outstanding achievement
To focus the entire organisation on the goals for the new year and on how the culture can help deliver these. To encourage cross departmental understanding and working.
An off site session was organised involving all employees. Teams were made of up of people from different departments. Activities involved each team working on challenges for the business and looking for answers to these questions:
- How can we ensure we capture the huge talent the organisation has in the way we work together for clients?
- What can each of us do to make sure we all give what we need in working together?
The main outcomes of this session were:
- The whole organisation worked together in cross departmental groups and found this experience enlightening and informative.
- Team working happened during the session through the exercises.
What the participants said
- “Great fun and I cant wait to start dome of the actions.”
- “Very useful to spend time with people from other departments.”