Time management tip – plan at the end of the day.
Planning is simply the idea of setting out what you are going to do and when you are going to do it. Planning at the end of each day has distinct advantages.
1. Planning at the end of the day means that you start the next day knowing what you are going to do.
2. Starting the next day with a plan may reduce indecision about what you are going to do.
3. Planing at the end of the day can reduce stress, because by writing down your plan it can be easier to leave your work at work and then relax.
4. Any routine involving a plan has to be a good idea, as planning helps to improve our management of time and personal efficiency.
5. It doesn’t take long. Maybe five minutes at the end of the day to plan the next day is all it takes.
6. It makes you feel in control.
7. It can help with prioritisation.
8. Even if your role is highly reactive there will be some things you can plan, to give a bit of structure, or to ensure you get some essential routine tasks completed.
So there are lots of reasons to plan at the end of the day. Why not make it part of your daily routine?