Project Planning Training
The firm’s values are the same today as they were 140 years ago. Their guiding principles focus on partnership, balance, long-term relationships, reputation and community. By using these values across everything they do, they ensure their clients and their people experience the difference of Higgs & Sons.
The business professionals involved in this training are required to manage and oversee a wide variety of project in the firm.
The need was to give the participants the ideas and skills to better manager small and large compex projects in the firm.
The overall agenda covered the following points:
- Introduction & Overview.
- Introduction to ITD approach to Project Management.
- Project objective & aligning to firm goals.
- Success Criteria.
- Planning inter-departmental projects.
- Roles & responsibilities.
- Managing expectations.
- Selling a project to Partners.
- Successful communication – planning and on going.
- Others involved and implicated.
- Working with different personalities.
- Milestones & tasks.
- Other resources
- Contingency planning.
- Post Project Completion
- Post Project Analysis
- Project hand over
- Summary & personal actions
The participants worked on their own projects in the training. They applied the ideas from the training to their own projects and discussed these with the trainer at each stage. This meant they completed the training having used the ideas from it on their work.
“Great fun for such a dry subject.”
“Thank you, very useful.”
“I really enjoyed the training, as did everyone else.” Learning & Development Manager.