We have worked with many Managers over the years and Motivation often comes up as a question. ‘How do I motivate my team?’ is a very common question.
The Managers we have worked with often know their teams pretty well. Having said that it is very common for Managers not to know what motivates the same people.
To give Managers a set of tools to help in motivating their people.
Our motivation programme often incorporates the following elements:.
- What is motivation?
- Why does motivation matter?
- What motivates you?
- What motivates your team members?
- How do you find out what motivates each individual?
- Agreeing motivation with your team
- Brainstorming the does and don’t for their motivation
- How to motivate
- How to de-motivate
- Development plans and motivation
The main outcomes of this session were:
- The Managers gained tools for motivating their teams
- Raised the improtance of motivation
- They raised their awareness for how easy it is to de-motivate
“I have not thought about motivation in that way before.”
“Really good ideas on how to think about motivation.”
“We wanted our Managers to be given ideas on how to work with their teams and motivate what is often a static group of people; ITD did just that.”