Add Your Heading Text Here
Orrick focus on serving the Technology, Energy & Infrastructure and Finance sectors globally. Clients worldwide call on their teams for forward-looking commercial advice on transactions, litigation and compliance matters. Orrick brings distinctive quality, teamwork and value to the table – and innovate in everything they do.
The London office asked us to develop a bespoke management training session, which would focus on helping the business professionals. Participanst would be from offices in the Europe region.
It was very much a personal development emphasis with participants required to take a look at their skills and explore development areas. For this reason we used the the Work Style Model.
The agenda for the training was as follows:
- Introduction, objectives & Orrick’s expectations
- Participants’ view of the challenges of management.
- Key responsibilities & areas of focus for the role
- Self assessment report Work Styles Model.
- Identifying the appropriate style in different situations.
- Bringing out the best in your people – how to give them work.
- Situations – given & live scenarios.
- Managing upwards proving & gaining credibility.
- Key behaviours in managing people.
- Handling difficult situations.
- Summary of workshop & action plans.
Each participant gained a series of ideas for their self development.
“Thank you for the training. It was so interesting and I learnt a lot about myself.”
“Very good session.”
“It gave me a lot to think about.”
“Martin certainly delivered against the brief. Everyone really enoyed the training and gained some very useful ideas from it.”